I don't know if I'm an hour late or a dollar short on this subject, but I may have found an alternative to the '52-'55.1 door control. With this model being sold by Jim Carter, Classic Parts, Speedway, etc., the bar runs out of the channel of the door itself and attaches to the door latch by a rectangular stud and is attached at the other end with three screws; one being behind the "door control" bar at the top of the triangle. Some people have opted to replace their door control with the Altman door latch ($300.00+) but from what I can gather, they can't be locked from the inside. Some other people have opted to switch left side door control with the right and vise versa. I haven't tried that, but it seems like that would make the procedure for opening the door from the inside bass ackwards. What I have found on a FB post is to replace the door control with one from a '64 pickup. I just received mine today and have just laid it on the door; the bar runs down the channel and attaches on the bottom side leaving all three screws exposed and and where the bar is attached by the rivet doesn't look like it will rub against the cover panel ($49.90+shipping for pair from Classic).

S2
Attachments
20240727_000305.jpg (172.88 KB, 46 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 07/27/2024 2:00 PM. Reason: added full truck year to help with searches ;)

Stewart2
1955.1 3100
Both Owner and P/U have lots of miles, lots of history and need LOTS of TLC
Jack of several trades and experiences; Master of none