| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,370 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 | Thanks for all the comments and advice. I was putting it back together and the fiber(?( bushing that separates the armature shaft from the rear cap deteriorated and mostly disappeared. I am guessing this bushing dies two things, takes up some slack on the armature and possible does some insulation with the current, not sure about that hallucination though. I plan to hit the hardware store for a replacement unless I can find a reasonable new one. I refuse to buy a $75 rebuild kit for a 3 cent bushing, even if it is to be found in the kit.
Any thoughts?
1946 1-ton Panel 1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body | | |
| |
| |