An update on my carburetor linkage issues…. First off, I’m completely new to working on this car and have little to no experience dealing with this issue. Thus my desire to seek help here on this forum. Helpful info to help me solve this issue.

1. The engine is a GMC 270 that was swapped into a 1954 1 ton Panel truck.
2. I’m not sure what type of carburetor I have but will include pictures. I also don’t actually know how it should properly function. First timer here.
3. I have a throttle rod that has a ball and socket connection that clearly is meant to connect to the underside of the gas pedal. But when installed, the geometry makes it impossible to connect to where the lever should cause the rod connected to the carb to go up and down.
4. I’m now wondering what my options are for getting my gas pedal to make my car go.
Attachments
IMG_0841.jpeg (276.25 KB, 145 downloads)
IMG_0840.jpeg (280.32 KB, 145 downloads)
IMG_0839.jpeg (246.41 KB, 146 downloads)
IMG_0837.jpeg (256.44 KB, 146 downloads)
IMG_0838.jpeg (219.28 KB, 146 downloads)