I am working on a 1957 3100 with a 4 speed on the floor. The P.O. replaced the 57 tranny with what appears to be one from a '59. The case is very clean and painted black. There is '59' painted on the side in yellow paint, which I assume means it is from a 59.
The speedo drive gear shaft, square hole for the speedo cable is round. It will not drive the cable. So here are my questions.
1. Is the speedo drive gear the same for a for a '57 as for a '59?
2. If so, is the speedo drive gear replaceable? (Just the gear and shaft?)
3. How do I separate the shaft and gear from the housing?
4. Any suggested sources for a replacement shaft and gear or the complete assembly?
Thanks for your guidance.
Attachments
Speedo drive gear.jpg (297.23 KB, 95 downloads)


1957 3100, 235 with 4 speed floor shift