What have I got myself into?

Well I bought this truck, a 1955.2 Chevy 5700, last weekend at a farm auction. My winning bid was $300.

The truck is pretty straight but I realized when we went to pick it up, the fenders are fiberglass. So that kinda sucks. Oh well. I'll try to find some here or just roll with it for now. It has the 283, I think.

I had planned on a 6bt/nv4500 swap but I kinda backed off on the idea a bit. The rear ratios being a HI-6.10 and LO-8.10 make the high speed with a Cummins 54mph. haha These trucks were never meant to be speed demons but I'd like 65 if I can get it. Haha.

Now to get a shop-vac drug out and get it cleaned up and see what else is not as expected. headscratch

'Bolter
Attachments
IMG_20240302_160225.jpg (321.92 KB, 140 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 03/11/2024 5:39 PM. Reason: added more info to the title

1955 Chevy 5700 LCF
"What have I got myself into?"
Follow the story of the restoration in the DITY Gallery