| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,176 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 1,989 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 1,989 | I have been chasing an "off idle hesitation" on the '57 LCF. I figured after I finished the new exhaust it would improve, I also cleaned the carb and put a new kit in it, dialed in the ignition dwell and timing. Still some hesitation after all of that so I connected my vacuum gauge and fine-tuned the idle mixture, a little better but not great. Then I disconnected and plugged the vacuum line that feeds the brake booster and 2 speed differential and had a big improvement in idle vacuum. I then isolated the 2-speed shift circuit, not much change in vacuum. I thought dangit!, that HydroVac rebuild is not very old, but I never checked the leather oil in the last couple years. Added oil to the site plug and now have great idle vacuum and great throttle response! I'm old but can still learn something new.
1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
| | |
| |
| |