1957 3100. I am trying to sort out the dome light connections. Current socket has 2 wires attached to it. They are both black with a white tracer. It looks like they may have been spliced in. It is a 2 contact bulb and socket. Where do these wires enter the cockpit? There is a shorter gray wire with both ends hanging loose near the fuse block, with factory ends. Could this be related to the dome light? It looks like it might connect to somewhere on the fuse block on one end and the other onto the light switch. Which connector there? I have attached a photo. The instrument cluster lights (gray wire) attach to the 3 terminal side. The instrument light work. Does the rheostat (which is in marginal condition) control the dome light as well? Additionally, I have seen diagrams that show a ground wire attaches to the terminal on the opposite side of the switch from the 3 contact terminal. There was nothing there. Should I attach a ground wire there? Or does something else go there. Sorry for the rambling. So much of this wiring has been modified over the years that I would like to get it back into some state of normalcy. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Peggy M; 03/03/20245:25 PM. Reason: added more info to the title