This was my Great Grandfathers truck that he used as his main vehicle for many years. He purchased it when it was only around a year old. Later on in the trucks life, the original box was removed and they made a wooden box to haul grain on the farm. Unfortunately, over the years, the original box was damaged beyond repair and I cannot use it.
I do not remember the truck in operation but was told it was parked for good around the time I made my appearance on the planet in '72. The original engine had went out and they installed, what I'm told, is a 1950's 235 out of a car that Grandpa bought for the engine.
I know the truck needs a lot of attention, but one of my main interests and hobbies is restoring farm tractors & trucks. I have restored an older case tractor, a large 80's Massey tractor and currently nearing completion of a restoration on a 1984 square body truck.
I have looked into all the parts and should be able to gather what I need. I have a couple questions on it though, This is a 1 Ton -- are the front fenders the same as a 1/2 ton. On the picture of the rear frame, it looks like it was extended or is this the way they were built? The hitch tube is added by the looks of it. Also from what I can find, this truck would have come new with the 228 engine?
I have attached some pictures of my truck.
Thanks.
Last edited by Peggy M; 02/21/20247:02 PM.
1946 GMC 1 Ton 1984 GMC 1/2 Ton 1996 Dodge 1/2 Ton 2014 Chevy 1/2 Ton 2020 Ram 1 Ton Cummins