I am waiting to hear from Ficken ; he is searching his parts stash for a control unit for my wiper motor. If he doesn’t have one I’m fairly comfortable reassembling the system the way it is , using vacuum control in leu of the proper control link to the slide atop the motor. I’ll just fix that slide in the operating position, knowing that the wipers won’t automatically “park” when shut off. I can live with that given the fact that my pampered semi rat-ish hot rod is never exposed to rain anyway. I just want to play with the vacuum wipers like I did in my yout. (with apologies to Joe Pesci…)
–- And before anyone rags on me for me not being more truck-like in my usage- my drive time since getting that bucket out of the shop has been just the fall of ‘22 and 1 Wisconsin driving season in ‘23 , and I’ve piled on over 1,800 miles! My truck is 69 years old and I’m 72. ; we both pick our days but we make darned good use of them.