Hi everyone.
I have recently inherited my dads 1950 3100. It has a 1962 235 with a SM420 4sp trans. I know the engine did not come in it but I believe the trans did. There are a few upgrades I am going to apply when I get it out here to TN from Ca. Duel master cylinder, disc front,12v conversion and probably a radio. Other then that I will probably leave it alone. I had to play with (cut and splice) the wiring to get power to the proper places to get it to start and run. Needless to say I have a toggle switch acting in place of the key. With that said my most pressing question is:
Does anyone have or know of a list of switches/devices that need to be changed out for a 12v conversion?
I know and have researched some items. I.E. the starter is probably fine but the heater blower motor probably not. Bulbs yes. Headlamps yes. Fuel sending unit yes or convert to 6v. If there is not a list I'll just find out as it comes. Just hoping I can acquire everything before the Truck shows up.
Thank you
Dan
Last edited by Just4Fun; 02/14/2024 2:13 AM. Reason: added more info to the title