I already bought a kit from Classic parts and it included the square leather washer and square rubber coated felt washer. I bought it thinking all of the items were for the bumper on the pedal rod. It’s funny because my truck came with the leather washer mounted on the pedal rod along with the bumper and for the life of me, couldn’t think why there was a leather washer there. I installed exactly where I found it. I didn’t see the original seal laying on my back with all the dirt around it. It all makes sense now!

Thanks all who enlightened me, now I have my answers!
Attachments
IMG_0012.jpeg (23.74 KB, 56 downloads)

Last edited by Phak1; 01/02/2024 2:35 PM.

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum