| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,482 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2019 Posts: 2,242 Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator) | | Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator) Joined: Jan 2019 Posts: 2,242 | I rebuilt a similar one last week. There were a bunch of little things that I fixed, but the two that caused it to not work were:
1. Burned contacts: I took the "switch" stack apart and had to sand the contacts down quite a bit to get to clean material. It looked like they had gotten a little rusty, then tried to weld shut shut when someone held the button too long. They were badly scorched and pitted.
2. Cracked solder joints: The switch is soldered to the coil wires and with time and vibration one side was badly cracked and the other side was not looking good. I resoldered all of the connections.
With those two fixes, I was able to measure the resistance through it. Then I had to adjust the tone nut (which I am sure has a real name) to get it to cycle properly with the slightly different switch thickness. | | |
| |
| |