Ok I’ve never had that part separated before
Does it make that much difference? Maybe just try to minimize
Whatever you put in that gap and hope for the best
If that’s not sufficient I would measure all surface precisely to a reference point so I could play virtual tolerance stack up games and see if there is a way to make it work out on paper before I commit to a decision
But somehow on my engines the cam gears work out pretty much in line so far
However
If you are out a 1/16 or so it won’t matter as long as they aren’t rubbing any covers or surfaces
Because when you static time the engine any change in the timing due to the meshing offset cause by gear position can be completely corrected when clocking the distributor in the block
So it’s a non issue from a timing engine point of view
-s