John, you might benefit from a couple of rubber boots on the levers. Keeps the heat out in the summer and the noise out all the time. Unless, that is, if you're going for un-restored original. Some merit to that, of course.

I stopped by Jim Carter's booth at the ATHS truck show a few years ago and talked to him for most of an hour. Very nice guy and very knowlegable. Ordered some parts on the spot. They got home before I did; maybe because I was driving from Colorado Springs to Seattle in a 59 Kenworth pulling a flatbed loaded with a 41 GMC 2-ton and a similar Mack A-model. The cops at the Wyoming port of entry got wide-eyed as we rolled across the scales at 3 MPH with that load, "Park - Bring Papers" sign flashes. They just wanted to look at the old trucks.


1951 3800 1-ton
"Earning its keep from the get-go"
In the DITY Gallery
1962 261 (w/cam, Fenton headers, 2 carbs, MSD ign.), SM420 & Brown-Lipe 6231A 3spd aux. trans, stock axles & brakes. Owned since 1971.