| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (78buckshot),
112
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,425 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2023 Posts: 45 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2023 Posts: 45 | I have a 55.1 with the stock 235 and want to perform a 6v to 12v conversion. I’ve read through various articles and some recommend a GM 10si 2 wire alternator while others recommend a one wire alternator. I’m no electrician and would love to hear the forum’s thoughts on which alternator (1-wire or 2-wire) should be used for this conversion AND specifically why you advocate for your recommended alternator style. Please also elaborate on any and all specific companion components that are needed in order to compliment and safely complete your recommended style of alternator. Thanks in advance and I appreciate everyone explaining your preferred setup in “plain language” for me to understand. | | |
| |
| |