I am working on putting a 261 in my 39/40 1/2T truck. I would like to keep the footstarter. I have a 47-53 modified Bellhousing already to accept my pedal assembly as well as mate to the SM420 that I plan to use. The trouble I'm running into is the only flywheel I have is for a 1940 216 which has 3/8 bolt holes. Its also only 9.25". But, it is the correct 139 tooth ring.
I am looking to see what others have done.. recommendations on either a new flywheel I can purchase from rock auto etc or a part number I can post in the parts wanted. I feel like I can get a new clutch kit pretty easy it's the flywheel that's the issue.
I mostly plan to put put around maybe 500 miles a year so is the 9.25" flywheel really that big a deal or should I go with a 10" flywheel from a 235?
The picture posted is the 261 that I have showing the bolt pattern that I will need.