I would like to introduce myself to the forum.

I am COCOE. I have a 1951 5700 COE that I bought in southern Oregon in 2018. It was in amazing shape compared to some of the rust junk that I almost got sucked into even if it had been sitting in a field for awhile, but it was all there.

I've been working on it for a couple years now and have made significant progress.

I know a lot of the folks on here are purist's and think everything should be returned to original but I have a different vision and need for this one.

I decided to build a car hauler for another vintage car that I show and race.

A lot has changed in the engineering along the way, but the original drawings are surprisingly still close to the way things are coming together.

I was directed to this forum by a good friend that asked me why the heck I'm not on Stovebolt? I was unaware of it but now I am. I have lots of photos of the build thus far and I will start a posting in the project forum as soon as I get released to post by the monitors. Here are a few pic's of when we picked it up.
Attachments
August 2018 011.JPG (226.6 KB, 318 downloads)
August 2018 013.JPG (150.38 KB, 316 downloads)
August 2018 018.JPG (197.65 KB, 316 downloads)
August 2018 022.JPG (274.66 KB, 319 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 03/13/2024 10:37 PM. Reason: added more info to the title

COCOE
(Cab Over Cab Over Engine :D)
1951 5700 COE
The story unfolds in the Project Journals