Originally Posted by 59chevy36
I wonder about it tipping. first was gona loop straps thru cab and lift from roof. the old cab is Very rusty and am afraid of ripping the roof of. new cab hate to hurt paint. still thinking of a plan
I doubt it's that rusty that the roof would come off. If it was, the roof would probably be laying on the seat already. Lay some carpet on top of the wood beam to protect your paint under the door opening. You'll notice I put a ratchet strap over the roof to secure things. You could do that with some padding under it. I used that piece of cardboard just under the ratchet itself to keep from gouging the metal. With it supported from the top of the door openings it isn't going to tip. You can adjust the position of the beam to get it level, and it will stay there.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.