Ok, let me start by saying I am an idiot. Now that’s out of the way….can I put my early 235 w/ factory 3spd transmission back together WITHOUT 2 of the dowel pins in the crank / flyweel?
The reason I’m asking, I attempted to install my flywheel. Laying under the the truck, I could see the bottom dowel pin and the center hub were aligned, so I started the flywheel bolts and systematically tightened a little at a time, pulling my flywheel up flush. It was a tight pull all the way, which should have shown I had a problem. When I got it all together and started to torque the bolts, I noticed that two of the dowels were not sticking through the flywheel. Come to find out, I had the pins / holes out of alignment and ultimately pressed the other 2 dowel pins back through the crank. Everything seems to be turning free, but 2 of the dowel pins are protruding inward instead of outward. My question again, will it be OK to run it this way, without 2 of the dowel pins sticking through the flyweel holes? Again….I AM AN IDIOT.
Last edited by Dltalfa; 09/04/2023 10:05 PM.