30 tries?? I have heard that with the extreme shortage of CDL drivers, they have dumbed down the standards considerably. I'm told they've even removed parallel parking from the skills test.

But I should talk ... Took me two tries to back into the job site the other day ... The entrance is at an angle and a steep down grade. Engineers stakes .... mud .... and I'm making the turn on the blind side. Road I'm backing off is a dirt lane with trees close ... and I get yelled at if I leave ruts anywhere but on the job site. Trailer is the 48 foot demo trailer ... beat up and sometimes has a mind of its own ...

I'm just glad the boss wasn't there to see me all arms and elbows driving like a new NAFTA driver ...


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)