Originally Posted by J Lucas
I would prefer to use bronze before brass as I think it would hold up better.
John

Since the usual material on a thrust bearing flange is some variation of Babbit metal, either brass or bronze will probably be more durable. I've got a good source on big military surplus brass washers at a reasonable price. I'll also investigate bronze as a possibility if the prototype engine shows any noticeable wear during dyno testing. It's not uncommon to overstress an engine or three on the test stand, working out the research and development gremlins. One of our favorite sayings was "The turns are a long way apart on a dyno, and the hills never end!"
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!