As for the floor mat, all vendors seem to be selling the same thing, Doug. Some folks have had good experience with them and some haven't. I think it depends on where you live as much as anything. Mainly how hot it gets and all. They surely are not the quality they once were. As for the floor and firewall, etc, I used some 1/8" thick self-adhesive neoprene sponge foam I had and then covered it with some leftover radiant foil barrier material to which double-sided insulation had been added. I could have used spray adhesive, but I had a remnant roll of the 2 sided adhesive. I've read the best way to dampen noise is to turn it into heat waves and you do that with a foil or thin metal layer on top of foam (you basically reflect the noise back into the foam where it dies quietly). You can sort of see this in the image below. Just about anything you do will reduce noise. Good luck!
Attachments
IMG_9297.JPG (195.61 KB, 127 downloads)


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end