Hello all, I'm new to Big Bolt as I recently purchased a '58 4400 from VEW. I plan on using the truck as is and making some changes as time go on. The first real question is that of gearing, the research that IU have done so far shows the truck has a 6.19 rear end. Would it be better to look for a two speed rear or say an OD trans? I have another truck with a NV4500, that transmission seems like a good choice if I was going that direction.
Any advice will be very welcome. Thanks.
Last edited by TUTS 59; 07/25/20231:56 PM.
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane