Sounds like you got it licked. I put the grommets on the hinges then worked them into the body. I put dish liquid all over straight out of the bottle. (No water dilution) Slick as snot. Son does body work and has these pvc/plastic tools for glass install and the likes. Look like miniature tire tools. Different sizes. Won't scratch the paint if you slip. Mine went on fairly easy. Takes some finesse. I'm still trying to adjust the right cargo door and have had it off a number of times, getting ready to take off again. Grommets are getting much easier to work with. smile Now I leave the grommets in the body and just slide the hinge into it. (2 man job)

Richard
azcornman


~ Richard
1952 GMC Army Ambulance
"Building the Dream"
The story begins here in the DITY Gallery
Follow the build in the Project Journals
(If you can't wait, the "final pictures" and details are in Panels & Burbs)
First vehicle-1967 Chevy short bed pickup. Sold when got married frown | 1953 Chevy pickup restored-sold to purchase Toy Hauler trailer | 1964 GMC long bed Pickup 305 big block V/6 bought to restore with son and his 14 yr old son