Pat, except for 3 or 4 tacks by the drain hole, those were done with a spot welder. Unfortunately probably not much chance of me getting to NC to help out. But by the time you're done with your truck, you'll be an expert at welding. wink
Greg's pic show what I was trying to describe for the drain holes. The repop parts manufacturers thought it was easier to drill a hole rather than stamp a louvered slot in that piece. I actually thought about welding a small "hood" over the hole to prevent debris/water from getting thrown in there going down the road. It's too late now, as the cab is in primer and sitting about 4" off the floor currently. I might think about gluing something over those holes for that purpose.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.