Well here she is, back on the road and back to work. I don't think she could be happier. smile

There is still quite a bit of work left to do, mostly regarding the body. But she still turns heads... no really I'm serious...those straight pipes are LOUD... people look around like a biker gang is going through town. I never would have thought so much noise could come from such a little motor.

It's got a few bugs that need to be work out, but it's really a lot of fun to drive and pretty comfortable too. The dual carbs work good except for a flat spot coming off idle, which I can't seem to quite get rid of. I'm might swap to some Carters. I've got one but need to find his brother.

Other than body work I'd like to replace the bed decking. It's seen better days. I've also got a three speed brownie (overdrive) that I'd like to put in.

The reason I'm naming her Elvis is that the grill is bent up into kind of an Elvis sneer. Okay that's stretching it, but I figured what the heck. grin It's first job about an hour after I got 'er running again was making an 80 mile round trip for a load of steel. We made it, but needed a little more work when we got home...more bugs.

This project was a lot of work, somedays I'd rather forget (like windshield day), but well worth it... I'm glad the old girl is rolling again. I think my next bolt will be a COE.....Tomcoe you out there???????

Pauly.

http://community.webshots.com/user/PaulyBuiltInc


1948 Chevy 6400
1964 Chevy 1/2 Ton