Hey rustednuts, I've had idle issues with my 235 also so will pass on what I've learned. It sounds to me like you have a vacuum leak and beaware that there are lots of places other than the intake manifold from which they come. Since you just put a new carb on it maybe the mounting gasket is leaking. I remember reading a post that the insulator should have gaskets too. Check your two speed if you've got one. Shift it from hi to low and see if that makes a difference. Also your hydrovac can leak too. Try pushing on the break pedal hard and hold it there to see if that makes any difference. Check the wiper motor. And don't forget the vacuum advance. Start at the main vaccum inlet on the intake, plug it and see if it makes a difference. Then just start eliminating possibilities. It dosen't take much of a leak, but if your compression and everything else checks out she should idle... good luck
