| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,117 Posts1,056,643 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2023 Posts: 2 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Jun 2023 Posts: 2 | I have a 1947 3600 truck that I would like to replace the transmission in. It is in great condition and I use it as a daily driver. It has a 4 speed transmission that I just can not get the hang of down shifting in it and I end up grinding the hell out of the gears. I don't think it has any synchromesh gears in it. I would like to keep the original 216 engine. I am hoping that there is some sort of an adapter out there that will bolt up to the 216 and allow me to bolt on a newer 4 speed standard transmission. I would be happy with any 4 speed transmission. If there is an adapter what would you recommend for a replacement transmission. Is there any other recommendations out there?
Mark Elhart
| | |
| |
| |