I’m in stage of the restore on the truck that I’m needing to decide what to do with my gauges. I would like to stay with the original style of the gauges. So no aftermarket different face/layout or digital. I will be changing the truck over to 12 volt and installing a V8. I have a gauge shop by me that quoted me a price to clean and test, reset the odometer and apply new numbers. Convert to 12 volt. Basically get the gauges ready for me to use in the truck. But the price is more than I was thinking. And I was thinking it’d be a little higher.
I see that I can get new gauges and use my old housings thru at least one of the catalogs that have parts for these trucks. One of them is Classic parts of America. The price would be significantly cheaper. But I wonder at the durability, fitment and quality of these Chinese gauges compared to having my old ones restored. If money was no option a rebuild would ne great but as many of you know at the end of the project the moneys getting thin.
I know there’s other places to restore the gauges, Facebook has several in the groups also. My faces are actually in pretty good shape so no need for decals. Trying to decide between the local guys high price on the restore or the cheaper new ones thru Classic. Any thoughts if you guys have used these aftermarket Chinese gauges would be great. Thanks.
Adam