Thank you!, Bill. Really appreciate the confirmation on those dimensions - that looks great. Your 'gasket' looks like it was meant to be - I know you can get flat rubber mounting pads too, not sure if there is any profile difference between the GMC and Chevy fenders other than just the difference for the lamp hole.
Yes, as I've been researching and as you say, it appears the GMC ones are a little smaller.
Those 55-57 should work just fine.
I will have to drill a hole (Ouch!!!!) in the fender as of course the Chevy does not normally have a light there and it needs the centre hole for the bulb housing clearance.
But I'm OK with that as the lamps will look much better than the ones that were on there.
'51 Chevy 3100 Truck - OEM 216 Engine; three speed column shift transmission
6 Bolt disc conversion with dual master/vacuum booster
12V alternator conversion.
235 engine in waiting