That flow control orfice is essential to keeping good oil pressure to the rest of the engine. A 235 bypass filter plumbing setup has nothing whatsoever to do with oiling the rocker arms- - - -that routing went out of practice with the 216 engine. A 235 dumps the filtered oil directly into the crankcase through a passageway just above the oil pan rail. If I'm setting up an engine for a spin-on filter, I use a Holley carburetor main jet as a restrictor, one with about a 1/16" diameter hole in it. Normal full flow filters are intended to pass enough oil to lubricate the whole engine, which makes them pretty good at straining out rocks, marbles, and bowling balls, but not very efficient at keeping oil clean. I'd suggest finding a spin-on Diesel fuel filter and the bracket that it fits, and using it as a bypass filter, since the media can strain out MUCH smaller particles. Any parts store worthy of the name will have fuel filters in stock for Cummins, Caterpillar, or Detroit Diesel engines.
Jerry