!2 volt battery in a 6 volt equipped truck will only burn out light bulbs. It won't damage an ammeter or the gas gauge. They might not read exactly correct, but 12 volts won't damage them.
12 volts without a ballast resistor will greatly reduce the lifetime of the points.
So There isn't that much harm in running it on 12 volts? I was worried because I wasn't getting any spark but found the coil to still be good, and the point looked ok and I gapped it appropriately so I presumed it would be the condenser then, but maybe I wasn't spinning it long enough to get a spark? I was going to wait to swap out to a 6v battery to continue trouble shooting but I was worried that I would end up damaging something. Maybe the PO did use it with a 12v battery but just drove it and didn't use the lights or anything else ??? Who knows... So I should be able to do the same then???