He's not the only one... I never had a problem renting a sail boat at White Beach ... dials phone to Navy MWR .... "Hi, this is Capt. Milliman. Can I get one of the Catalina's for Saturday? ..... Great. Thanks!"

smile

Of course, it didn't hurt, either, that I held a Navy Sailing Association "D" qual (Off Shore Skipper). wink Not too many people on Okinawa at the time with that Qual so ... sailing we went. It didn't take them long anyway to figure out I was merely a no-account, plebeian Marine Corps Captain. Still got the big boats when I wanted one, they just weren't quite as nice to me on the phone ...


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)