| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,208 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 15 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 15 | I don't know about the newer trucks, but here are the ratios for the '46 2-ton. According to my reprinted manual the standard ratio was 6.17 with an option for 5.43. The two-speed version was 8.22/5.64 with the option of 8.22/6.17.
Cautions/warnings are posted regularly about increasing your top speed while maintaining the original kingpin front ends and brakes.
I'm mulling the same question on mine. Good Luck.
When I find out what I'm doing, I'll let you know if I'm in too deep.
| | |
| |
| |