Im going to be taking off the front end of my 1953 Chevy Panel Truck soon. Im not taking it off as a clip because i dont have the room to store it inside the garage connected together,but i can store it inside seperately. I will take the hood off first,then take pics. of the wiring locations and paths. I have to replace all the 6 volt wiring to 12 volt at some point because the cloth is broken off and I want to upgrade to 12 volt anyway for brighter lights,add radio and some interior lights in the back,etc. I already removed the front bumper a few months ago. i already purchased a shop manual,Assembly manual and a 6 volt to 12 volt conversion manual. Correct me if im wrong, but next thing after taking pics of the wiring paths and removing the old wiring is to drain the radiator then removing the hood latch/catch assembly ,grill,lower filler panel and core support and outer fenders. After I get everything off the front end ,I will be pulling the 6 cyl. engine and 3 spd. transmission ,get them out of the way so I can start working on replacing the Inner and outer cowl panels,Inner and outer kick panels,floor boards LH & RH and the toe boards and maybe part of the firewall panel ,(depends on how far up the toe boards go. So , what do I start to replace first ??? the kick panels first,then the LH & RH floor boards second ??? and then the toe boards ??? Im planning on buying all the repair panels first and see how they fit and line up ,before cutting out the rot. Any help would be greatly appreciated on this. I also have to replace the panel above the windshield Inside the truck. Thanks, Mark.


1953 Chevrolet 1/2 ton Panel Truck 3100
4800 LB. maximum rating, 85hp at 3300 RPM