| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gray_Ghost, dt235sd, Steelonsteel, Nick in Manitou, frogfarmer, Bill Hanlon, mick53),
103
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,268 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2020 Posts: 73 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2020 Posts: 73 | If all goes well I’ll be painting my 54‘ Chevy 3100 soon. I have the colors chosen and have begun to think about staging and procedures on painting the parts. I’ll be painting the interior of the cab in a single stage. The exterior I’m going base coat clear coat. I plan on painting the inner panels on the grille like they were originally. The main bars of the grille will match the color of the truck. I would also like to paint the letters on the tailgate different then the main body color. I do not not want to do the decals for the tailgate. What have you guys done to achieve the different colors? I’m leaning right now on shooting the bc/cc on the grille and tailgate and allow that to dry followed up with a scuff of the letters and panels and shoot those with a single stage. My grille is taken apart for when I repaired and cleaned it and for painting better. I was thinking about shooting the bc/cc on everything but timing and taping off areas to shoot the accent color sounds like trouble. I’m by no means an established painter. I’m sure it could be done that way. I’m just trying to figure out a somewhat fool proof way for me to do get the accent colors done and have it look good. The trucks not going to be a trophy truck. But I do want to have pride in my truck and the restoration I did on it. Thank you in advance for any thoughts on how you have done this.
Adam
Adam
| | |
| |
| |