Hello from Mesa, AZ I just purchased a 1950 Chevrolet C.O.E. I believe it to be a model 5703. It currently has a nice stake bed with diamond plate deck. The bed is on two LARGE hydraulic cylinders. I does not currently dump. Will have to check that out. The truck sure looks complete and it last ran in a 2021 Christmas parade. Body seems straight, paint is maroon. Not so sure its original. Interior was painted baby blue. I'd like to change that some day. What tells the original color of the truck?
Anyway, its currently in Tucson and I'm going down from Mesa this weekend to try and get it running. I have arranged for a flat deck trailer to haul it home.
A few questions, with the 235 6 and that granny tranny, I bet it has a low top speed? Any suggestions how to improve the top speed? I understand it has some power brake system. Has anyone added power steering to replace the "Armstrong" Steering? Any suggested improvements to the truck and engine (I saw an HEI on a six in another photo)
Is there a specific forum or other sites you guys can recommend to me that specializes or discusses these C.O.E.'s besides here? (Would be nice if there was a forum for the medium duty trucks including C.O.E's Look forward to participating and asking lots of questions! Marty Mesa, AZ
Last edited by Peggy M; 07/07/20236:37 PM. Reason: added more info to the title