| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
117
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 281 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 281 | When cold weather arrived I noted that my truck engine would not quite come up to normal operating temperature. I checked the thermostat to verify that it opens at 195 degrees as it should. When I was putting it back together noticed that the intake manifold cavity where the thermostat sits is deeper than the thickness of the thermostat by about .040". I made a ring gasket .040 thick to fit the cavity on top of the thermostat and put it back together. The thermostat is captured and can't move. Now the engine warms up quicker and maintains the proper operating temperature. I suspect the thermostat was able to flutter inside the water neck and allow coolant into the radiator without the thermostat opening.
The engine is a basic 350 with Edelbrock intake manifold. Does anyone think I have caused some unintended problem by this 'fix'? All indications are that it is working as it should.
Mark | | |
| |
| |