Originally Posted by klhansen
They’re not going to keep dust off but will help keep mud from splashing up on the engine.

Nice job on the fabrication. thumbs_up

Thanks. They are not perfect, but I am pretty pleased with how they came out. I've been getting lots of tips on YouTube from Trevor Hatton, https://www.youtube.com/@trevsblog, and Karl Fisher, https://www.youtube.com/c/MakeItKustom/featured. They show you how to form with simple tools. I just used a post vise, hammers, and I do have a shrinker from Eastwood I've had for years and finally got to put it to use. that one bend on the upper lip needed shrinking to make the curve without a wave.

The original mounting was with rivets from the factory, but I'm just going to bolt them back on. I did rivet the bracket pieces. I couldn't see those pieces in the build books or parts book.


A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin
When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton