| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,448 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 27 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 27 | Hi folks,
I am imminently starting a open driveline conversion to a 46 1/2 ton and need some guidance. I've acquired an rebuilt a 1960 235, a t5 transmission and a 10 bolt rear axle from a 1968 Camaro (3.42) that measures exactly the width of the current axle. I've got the brackets to complete the disc brake conversion for the front which I plan on pairing to the drums in the back via an appropriate master cylinder.
My worry is that I will not be able to find stock looking 15/16" wheels to clear the brake calipers and have the correct backspacing to not hit the steering knuckle in a 5 lug configuration. Something simple like a black "smoothie" type wheel that will accept a hub dish. Doesn't have to be the stock dish. There seems to be more 16" wheel options in the 6 lug with backspacing under 4". I'd hate to put all the fabrication work into the conversion to be halted by something like wheels and tires.
Does anyone have any experience in wheel and tire selection for this type of application? Or should I go looking for a 6 lug rear end? Thanks! | | |
| |
| |