Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Now, getting it inflated- - - - -that's another kettle of fish! We're not supposed to mention acetylene or starting fluid, right?
Jerry


Originally Posted by klhansen
I've never tried either of those wink , but how about the bands that you strap around the tire to get the beads to spread apart? Haven't tried that either. A ratchet strap might work.

I've been with the same company going on 38 years now. Acetylene or starting fluid were never taught nor approved as a tire mounting method. Yeah, I know. No fun. Safety first!

I've used bands with some success but not always. Ratchet straps will do the same thing. Before Cheeta's, a tub of near solid tire lube would be your friend. Fill that upper bead with as much as you could and when the tire bead would seat, scoop all the goo off and put it back in the bucket. Surprisingly, not much would end up inside the tire! But extremely messy.