Sorry for being a little late with this but, I extended my Winchester Weekend one more day to get some chores done and basically prepare myself to come back to work. It was another beautiful day to do just that.
It was in fact a great weekend, great show and great time with old and new friends. We sure do miss those who did not attend. The weather was great for most of the time which always helps. We had the most campers ever at 8 plus a few tenters so a huge turnout for camp Stovebolt.
As always, thanks to those who brought food and beverages and prepared dishes not only for Saturday nights dinner but throughout the weekend. I would try and name everyone but would probably miss someone or something. Even down to running for donuts (Timmy Guy, Hambone or breakfast sandwiches (Pat66). I know who you are and so do you so a huge thanks to all for keeping everyone fed. There was no shortage of food (and beverage!) that's for sure. The Saturday night banquet was a feast to say the least.
Thanks also for everyone's help with the trash can pickup Saturday night, oh and, for those who participated in the IAP (It's Another Peterbilt) show on Saturday afternoon. Always a highlight and well received by the folks leaving the show field.
One of the coolest things that took place was the big green giant Napco truck made another appearance in Winchester for the first time in I think 10 or 12 years. It wasn't running when it got there on Thursday but with George's perseverance and his pit crew of Sweet, Panel Fan and others, it was running like a Swiss watch in time for the slow race on Saturday afternoon. Another mention worthy appearance in Winchester was old Flappy Fenders. This was the first time most of us had seen it in person after its restoration and quick departure to it's new home in New Hampshire and what a beautiful job Doug did with this truck. Of course, after he listed the parts and pieces NOT original to the truck that was once George's, George coined it The Ghost of Flappy as John said.
I know I say it every year about this time but, I love this show, I had a great time and I can't wait till next year.
Attachments
banquet.jpg (16.22 KB, 228 downloads)


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!