I went to my favorite junkyard Saturday (Speedway Salvage) to get a computer for an S-10. As I was heading back to the entrance to pay, I saw a large tire among the piles of tires. I took a closer look and found it to be a 7.50x20 on an old 10 lug rim. Looked just like the wheels on my '51 1-1/2ton. And hey! There's three more. They are re-treads, but the tires are in great shape. Almost new. Heavy lug tread not highway. Best thing is they only wanted $100 for the set. So of course, I bought them. Unfortunately, I had to roll them out & load them into the S-10. I weigh about 160lbs & I think the wheel/tire combo does, too. My back is not happy.
Then I had to drive over an hour to where my truck is & put them on. The ones that were on my truck are junk. You know, chunks of rubber missing, tube poking out through sidewall. The new tires look great on her. Now I just gotta get her running.
Thanks for letting me ramble.
Later,
Scott