low54, I too, am interested in doing the same to my '42 short wheel base 1 1/2 ton. My biggest concern has been the fenders. I currently have a small flatbed on it, but a pickup bed would be awesome.
I am not planning on working on mine until next winter. Right now, my main concern is to finish a building that I am constructing in the back yard that will house my restoration.
I would be interested in any information that you obtain for fenders. Please keep me informed if you locate a source, and I will do the same for you.
By the way, those are good photos on that link you provided, that should be helpful when seeking a fabricator.

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!