Here's an interesting little detail item I did recently that I think adds a nice touch to the truck. I needed a new set of tailgate chains desperately as my last ones were going to give someone tetanus. Believe me, I like the rust and patina on this truck, but these chains were next level. I found a nice set of stainless chains but they were going to be too shiny. I hit them with some acid and dull them just a bit however still had the issue of "too new" for the truck. Looking at the traditional rubber chain covers in black and clear again seemed too modern for me. Poking around eBay I found someone selling cut pieces of old firehose for covers for $15. Got a pair and decided I was going to age them a bit. I left them in a bath of tea bags for a day to color and them and this was the product. Very happy with the outcome and as they age I'm sure they will lay flatter.
Attachments