Glad to be a newbie on this forum to learn a lot about the 1953 I just purchased three weeks ago.

So far I know it has a 235 ci six-cyl out of a 1954 passenger car, converted to 12v, not sure when painted, Coker bias-plys, 3 on the tree, nice interior, no radio, guessing 4.11 rear. Had a lube job, drained trans & rear.

Added new fluids. Replacing VC gasket/ Old one fell apart in a dozen pieces, hence oil leaking. Does not smoke. Will drain coolant system & replace thermostat. Ordered an Assembly manual. Have a 48-53 truck shop manual. Will replace plugs & wires. Had generator rebuilt.

The truck has a little rust in the floor pan, but not a priority right now. It starts and runs fine, but leaks some oil. Does not appear to burn any. No smoking. Just changed the oil & air filter. Air filter is an aftermarket and not the oil bath. I have tinkered with cars for 60 years. Currently have a 31 Ford Model-A and a 64 Corvette.

Last edited by Peggy M; 06/28/2023 2:33 PM.

1953 Chevy 3100
I have recreated my Dad's old work truck with a 5 window.
Photos