| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,605 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#14588 06/22/2003 9:11 PM | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 127 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 127 | Howdy, I just bought a 1954 235 motor that was pulled straight from a 1954 chev 1/2 ton. The casting numbers confirm its a 54. The truck was parked for a year maybe more before the current owner bought it. While it sat someone swiped the carb and manifolds. Supposedly it ran and drove fine before it was parked. I currently have a 1958 235 in my 41 and bought this motor to rebuild and eventually replace what I am running now.
This will be my first rebuild so I guess my question is where should I start? Should I tear it completely down first or should I clean it up, change the oil and try to start it before tearing it down? | | |
| |
| |