I've completed the freeing up of my heat riser valve on my '56 235 engine, and now have the oil filter can and exhaust hooked back up. Last thing I need to do is install the bi-metallic spring to control it. I ordered the coil from classic parts, and didn't think much about it when it came in, but now that I'm looking at it, I need some advice. The old spring is rounded on the end that goes on the flap rod, but the new one has that end of the spring straightened for, I guess, a slot that is on some of those rods in different models. Here's a pic of what was on there compared to what I've got from CP. I'm not finding a slot on the rod on my engine. Should I bend the flat out of the way, or would that be a mistake? Thanks, Lee
Attachments
IMG_0110.jpg (157.92 KB, 97 downloads)


"When I rest, I rust"
1951 3100 5 window w/ '56 235