I posted awhile back about my old daily driver had apparently sat too long and the butterfly valve in the heat riser is stuck. Starts, runs, but only makes it around the block and it's heat gauge is red lining. I've tried all the suggestions (oil and wiggle often, heat, soft taps with a hammer), but it's not cooperating. So, I'm gonna pull the exhaust manifold and work on it from the inside out. I figure if I can just get too it, I can get it loose. The idea of not being able to jump in it and drive is starting to get to me. Since I bought the '05 Silverado 3500 for work on our property and pulling heavy stuff, I've neglected to use the old daily driver, and this is what I get for doing that.
Anyway, since I've never pulled the exhaust/intake manifolds on this truck, I was just wanting to hear other folks suggestions, stories, problems/solutions for this. The biggest concern for me is a broken bolt, but I have no idea what other usual trouble guys have with this operation. Thanks in advance for any help on this. Lee