I put a 52 willys truck body onto a 1989 E350 chassis. Doing a body swap is the easiest way of getting what you want. If there isn't room, make room. Cut what you have to out. Once everything sits the way you want it to then go back and add metal so it looks clean. I'm assuming you have the skills of doing this.You will be your worse critic in this situation. Now I have a rat rod 52 pick up truck with a 460 in it with the ability to pull anything I want at whatever speed I want to go and be able to stop with 4 wheel disc brakes. The only thing I wasn't able to do is keep a radiator under the hood, it's in the bed now.
Detailed pictures of what you're trying to do is helping but as stated above there's only one real way to go about your particular situation and that's to dive in.